Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

dreaming of pots and Mickey returns...




You will recall that yesterday I showed pictures of Mickey the mouse, whom I had trapped and released across the river.  Well, either he somehow made it all the way back across the river OR, more likely, one of his numerous cousins moved in last night…either Spike or me is gonna catch his ass, believe me….

I awoke just now having had a dream where I lazily planned an entry, I was allowed one, to a pottery competition with the winner being awarded a fabulous fellowship, and I was realizing my entry was due in front of the judges Monday. Except I either spaced on the calendar OR they arrived early, because here they were….and my entry, which I was still planning, was NOT on display, so I was running to my studio, telling them to wait, and trying to decide on the fly what pot I already had that would work (jar pictured here!).  And so I awoke.  But before I did, I had imagined making a piece that I have never made before, and so I doodled it out and will make it today :)

3 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

Those are some sweet little jars!
It is mouse season... I am sure we will be dealing with them soon.

smalltownme said...

It has to be a cousin. Nickey.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Those jars are lovely but LOOK AT THOSE BOWLS!!!!!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.