Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, February 11, 2016

gluten-free brownie bites, beagles and other assorted beasts….



I am as, you know, fortunate to  have my own dog and cat…and other people's too!

I am driving less and potting MORE than the last few years…sorry to sound dramatic, but I could lose my vision next week, next year or in the next decades, so MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL TODAY is my mantra…and I gave up all of my dog and cat gigs and I am making pots like mad.  Except Yogi and Soupy, both of whom live nearby and neither of whom is anything but easy fun. On Yogi days, he is happy to do what I do, whatever that may be…plus Penny and Spike love him.

SO, other than studio work and walking in the snow, Wednesday was bake the wife some gluten-free brownie bites, and the cast of characters "helping" me in the kitchen was pretty comical...

6 comments:

smartcat said...

Very Good Gary! You obviously have sorted your priorities correctly. Losing sight is scary for anyone, but for a visual artist........I can't even find the words to express that particular terror!

Your brownies almost make me wish I were not allergic to chocolate!

Very happy to see that Yogi is still visiting. He has certainly become a big boy!

Barbara Rogers said...

I want to come over too, and play with Spike, Penny and Yogi...and get brownie bites. Never thought of doing brownies in muffin papers...great idea! I was baking today too!

Michèle Hastings said...

Penny is looking like she really wants a brownie bite!
You never know what life has in store for you, just follow your bliss.

Lori Buff said...

Those brownies look delicious. I have friends who are gluten free so this is a good recipe to have on hand.

Someone very smart once said “Don’t Postpone Joy,” I think you’ve learned that.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Yes! Let's all go to Gary's and eat his brownies and play with the cute critters! You'd get no work done though...so maybe not. Oh, and it's cold there. Let's got to Gary's and eat his brownies and play with the critters in the summer! :)

Emily SIL said...

I know Penny and Spike "help out" in the kitchen because they're always in your pictures. Now Yogi too?! How wonderful is that!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.