Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, September 4, 2015

a few notes on blogging and weird Wednesday....



Yesterday's blog post surprised me:  it got a lot of responses here and on facebook (you can be my facebook friend too! type in garyrith@yahoo.com :)

Basically, this blog pops out when I get up before the dawn... it is pretty silly and boring, but some people look at it, and yesterday a LOT did.

You readers are SO nice and I appreciate your comments and concerns.
The wife has a guy at work telling her "hey, do you know what Gary wrote about you?", I was walking down the street and a friend stops me and starts talking about the blog, there was even a phone message about it on my answering machine.

I try to be polite and positive in what I write, and I know I walk the line about privacy and accuracy--about the only almost negative feedback I have ever gotten is the true observation that I can be sloppy with facts and I play fast and loose with privacy.  YEP, all true.  I tell the story the way I want, the best I know, and in what I feel is the most amusing way I can, like David Sederis, a writer who is wicked funny and also accused of blowing privacy and stretching his tales.  Doesn't stop him, it is his style! Mine too! I'm just trying to sell pots......

3 comments:

Lori Buff said...

I really enjoy reading your blog, it’s fun and I feel we’ve gotten to know each other through our blogs and a few phone conversations. It’ great fun.

Michèle Hastings said...

I think a lot of people like your writing style (and your pottery) and that's why we come back for more. Keep up the good work.

Barbara Rogers said...

Some days I feel I'm the only one commenting on your blog...but then you are probably off with clay up to your elbows and don't moderate comments till later...and I don't sign up to see all the other comments anyway. Just saying I''m glad you blog, and now FB, but I'll keep the comments here which feels a bit less public to me!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.