Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

teapot Tuesday...!


(new teapot with bunny by Gary Rith... I know, with white items I should dust off the grey backdrop!)

SO, I seem to be doing pretty well with the majolica pieces, right?  Majolica is, roughly speaking, painting colored oxides on top of a creamy white glaze and then firing it all together.  As I have said repeatedly "I had a dream January 1 that I should paint flowers on pots" and I have been following that path...and I love it.  I don't know where  it is going, but it is great fun.

I heard Warren Haines of the Allman Brothers Band on the radio yesterday "we were talking about the band's 45th anniversary tour concerts...you know, the band always wanted to evolve, to experiment and try something new, not just play the same old hits".
That is how I am compelled to work, keep evolving :)

3 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

What a lucky bunny, to be sitting atop that bouquet of gorgeous hand painted flowers! This is a winner!

smalltownme said...

So pretty!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Warren plays on tour with my man Dave Matthews quite often. They're pretty amazing together. Love this teapot...especially the bunny on top!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.