Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, January 4, 2015

winner!



http://www.potterymakinginfo.com/news/top-pottery-blogs-2014/#comment-288044
Eight and half years blogging on 3 blogs, thousands of pictures, thousands of posts and WHOA! Someone noticed!
I am a winner of the 2014 Top Pottery blogs! Number 9, yesssssssssssss :) Gave me the impetus to clean up a little here and ACTUALLY SHOW SOME POTTERY... lately, as the judge mentions, there has been a LOT of my life beyond pottery...but really, do I have to tell you, if this thing was all pottery it would be DULL AS DIRT.
Nice to see this:  you toss off a post every day and wonder if anybody notices, but even if they don't, I have so much fun doing it TRY TO STOP ME :)

I wrote a haiku yesterday while I was working on these things....

The mood is leafy
Foliage, in green on green,
Curvy pottery....



11 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Congratulations, Gary! You sure deserve it...a daily blog, as well as producing pottery. I happen to love the diversification of pets and places on your blog. Can't wait for another fine year!

Michèle Hastings said...

big congrats to you, well deserved!

DirtKicker Pottery said...

Yeah!! Congratulations on the recognition. Well deserved.

Hilary said...

Yay you! I'm so happy for you, Gary!

Sherri said...

Wow!! Congratulations!! It's a very cool thing to be recognized for all your achievements. Looking forward to a fun year.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Whoooohooooo!!!!! You know I love your blob but it's nice to know so many others do too! Congratulations!

smalltownme said...

Yay, Gary! I love your blog and the many things you talk about in addition to the pottery.

JB said...

Well done and good for you. Your blog has re-inspired me pottery wise and as a result I am set for a big year in clay...Hopefully a big year in little people experiencing and developing their creative personality. All the best for 2015!

Janet Bunnell said...

congratulations!! Such a talented boy

Busy Bee Suz said...

Congratulations!!! You are my favorite potter!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Congratulations, Gary! It is a well-deserved honor.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.