Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, January 12, 2015

mug shot Monday: struck with an idea or 2....

wolf and moon mug

It probably gets annoying:  my hyper little self telling "I got a new idea!" or "I dreamt a new idea!" (as I said yesterday).
Last week I was struck with this thought, vis a vis my doodles on paper or mugs etc "what those things need is a cute little FRAME drawn around them, to give them a nice little finish, some charming definition and focus, design and color...."
I have now doodled a lot of possibilities, but the morning the idea came along I had a blank mug needing a doodle, and here tis (happens to be for sale at my etsy shoppe too! Click here.).

AND, of course, as I have been saying the last week or 2, I am carving leaves on things and trying out glaze schemes, thinking about east Asian pottery styles.....this pair of light green mugs:  Surprise! A special for the 2 of them at my etsy shoppe (click here!).

Hope you have a most awesome Monday :)
pair of light green mugs with leaves sold together



(new pottery by Gary Rith)

3 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I am struck by the combo of a framed doodle and then the blue glaze above...creates a great visual!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

It turned out beautifully!

Lori Buff said...

Nice mugs. I never find it annoying when I read that you have a new inspiration, that's what being an artist is about.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.