Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, November 7, 2014

dawn...

It just dawned on me that:

25 years ago NOW I met my wife. She ran an open arts studio at University of Illinois-Chicago, and I became a teacher and artist-in-residence there.  But the day I first met her was when she had organized an exhibit and sale of items made in the studios.  I was dropping off my work and she was so pretty I couldn't look her in the eye and I ran out as soon as I could....and then
we were friends for 3 years and
23 years ago we had our first friendly outing, also in November (we would not become an item until the next year) and of course
22 years ago on Christmas we got married.
Those are some big numbers, aren't they?

(below, 1992 in that very studio she managed... :)

5 comments:

smartcat said...

Cutest couple......EVER!!!

Michèle Hastings said...

You two have the sweetest story :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

Well, that's a great story about true love! I'm so happy for you!

Cheri @ Blog This Mom!® said...

LOVE LOVE!!!

Cassi said...

That's a great story, and such a wonderful picture! I love both of your expressions :-)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.