Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Scottie dogs + Porsches = living like the one percent....



I was dreaming just now that I had a little black Porsche convertible, which was good and bad and bad.

GOOD, for all the obvious reasons!  A PORSCHE!  Convertible!
BUT, well, I went to a parking garage and it all went to hell:  first, in my pocket, what is there??? AN EMPTY wallet!  I need a few bucks to pay parking and pffft, have to dig change out of the car's ashtray. SO, I go over to pay and come back to put the ticket on the window and WHAT!  No CAR!  Stolen!!!!!!
I mean it, I was UPSET and awoke to find the dog telling me:  "let's go get some crunchies"  which she did, I got coffee and a banana.

Moral of the story is this:  that thing wasn't my dream car, no way!  No wonder it was stolen.  I couldn't afford it or even a banana....besides my DREAM CAR is the Audi TT 2005 convertible, of course! Now that is a cute car.

Alright, for Easter?  I knew the wife likes the Agatha of Paris Scottie dog.  SO CUTE!
On ebay I was the only bidder for this ......

It is a luxury brand and a luxury item.... but I got it, I am not foolin'... for POCKET change, like some ebay auctions go, right?
You can buy one of these now in a new auction, click here ....NOT pocket change,  Man, this makes me feel lucky. WHOA.

ANYWAY, you KNOW that cute sh!t got me thinking..... have an awesome Thursday!

(new pottery by Gary Rith)

6 comments:

bartster said...

The Scotties could be 'westies' too with that furry muzzle. Great drawings:)

Lori Buff said...

That's the thing about having expensive stuff, either it takes money from other things or someone takes it.

Cute mugs, again.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I've never heard of this fancy scottie dog. Kudos to you on getting it for Maude; I'm sure she loves it!!!
Suz loves Audi's too....porshe's? not so much!

Hilary said...

Lovely work, as always. And what a thoughtful gift.

cm said...

Love the mugs! Are they personal or on Etsy? I know a guy who might like one.

smalltownme said...

Scotties are so cute. My husband's family had one when he was growing up-- Highland Lass McGregor, Tykie for short.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.