Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

speaking of LITTLE CUTIES



(orange sized wee teapot by Gary Rith, fresh outta the kiln Monday)
Do you get them at the grocery store?  I can't remember the last time I bought a normal orange:  we always get the wee clementines and mandarins, the little cuties!  So sweet and the peel almost falls right off.
THE CONCEPT of little cutie is true everywhere, don't you think?  I love beanie babies still (see my chest of drawers below) and half of their appeal was that they were SMALL little cuties.  Like a small orange is cuter than a big one, right?  DITTO SMALL teapots:  somehow they are cuter than full size, hmm?
(note:  my chest of drawers here:  I got it a few years ago from an antiques dealer.  It is SO over the top in every way, I just love it...but you would be appalled to hear that it is, um, one of 2 dressers I have, the other being devoted SOLELY to my tee shirt collection, this one solely for jeans, and, well, more tee shirts)

4 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Whether a child, or a child-at-heart, someone is going to have a beautiful tea pot soon!

bartster said...

We love the clementines and little cuties here too. The teapot is wonderful...we novices regard making anything resembling a tea pot a significant rite of passage. You...make awesome teapots in many sizes including a very challenging small size. Great stuff!

Michèle Hastings said...

Ditto on the cuties, they are delicious. And that is a very cool dresser.

smalltownme said...

The teapots are sweet. I love dollhouse size things...tiny food, tiny furniture.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.