Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, June 15, 2013

frogs pigs and dogs....


(teaset by Gary Rith)

SURE, I post pics of pots sometimes, and even talk about them!  I realized one day years ago frogs, pigs and dogs are my most popular items with elephants and bunnies added in....check out this teaset!  I wanted to make a big simple round teapot and matching cups....with a different dog on each!  Like, a terrier, beagle, pug.  The pug was fugly and so I suddenly scrapped that idea for the moment and decided blue with frogs was smarter for that day...


IN OTHER news you know I was hanging out with Yogi, who I babysit sometimes.  I cracked up when I went inside to get my camera and he was nose to nose with our cat Spike through the window. Spike is super friendly and loving and it may be fun to let Yogi in to meet a friendly cat...maybe someday...later that same day the wife is like "Get a photo!  He is so cute, sleeping with your stuffed cat and Easter Snoopy!"


5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I second Penny's opinion in second to last pic!

~ Sil in Corea said...

I love how Spike is using the stuffed kitty as a pillow. :-) My cat does that, too. Sometimes he uses my leg as a pillow, if I'm reclining on the bed.

Anonymous said...

That looks like one friendly cat.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I think Spike is the coolest cat ever! I never tire of frogs....unless they are the sticky kind that jumps on my skin. YIKES!

Jenny Hart Boren said...

Useless fact: I just learned that the particular body paint style that Spike (and my Lottie) share is called "mackerel tabby". A previous pet, Heidi, had beautiful black swirls on her sides--that one's called "butterfly tabby ". Now you know it too!

The fluff that fills our heads so we can't remember our pin numbers...

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.