Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, March 21, 2013

you will be forgiven if....



The wife and I see the ewer or are they urns? In the paper last week and we are both like OOOOH!
So, I set out to make my own version....spent all morning fiddling around, good GOLLY I like them.  Would hold soy sauce or oil or vinegar, with a cork on top!



we are on the board at Longview!
You know I love mama-baby sculptures.  Dig this PIG! With a piglet.  Or as customers always joke when they see me do this:  pig in a
blanket!


pottery by Gary Rith

You will be forgiven if you think there are many many pictures of me and Penny at the senior center where she is a therapy dog....I found out that there may be a newspaper article featuring us....we shall see!  She is such a little sweetie isn't she?

9 comments:

smartcat said...

I'm in love with your ewers! Graceful, definitely Gary and yet new. Nice to see them in leather state...Like seeing their skeletal and muscle structure.

How sweet Penny looks. She's such a wonderful pup to bring so much joy to others.

Thanks for the header photo. Yes, Virginia, there are seasons other than snow!

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to see new header of What Season Could It Be? Yeah to you and Penny too! Ewers are fab...but just spelling that word feels wrong.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Lovely ewers. Ewers...often in crossword puzzles but for some reason a word that makes me snicker.

Lori Buff said...

I never get tired of seeing what you and Penny are up to.

bartster said...

The pig in the blanket is hilarious. I like their facial expressions a lot!--The happy faces that you and Penny visit also inspire some hope and faith.

smalltownme said...

The piggies are adorable!

Michèle Hastings said...

The ewers are great! I love using them to cook with. olive oil poured out of the bottle it came in is just wrong.

You and Penny deserve the front page!

JB said...

Love the pig in a blanket and the happy happy expressions. It looks like Penny brings that smile to the oldies on her visit which is awesome. Well done to you.

Momma Fargo said...

I love the pig! And your kindness. Penny rocks!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.