Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, December 9, 2012

cuteness abounds....

penguin papa by Gary Rith
mama cat by Gary Rith
You know that I make wall pieces, right?  I have made mama cat and kitten before, but not as a wall piece, just as a wee sculpture to sit there and collect dust on the shelf.  I was thinking that it would be a lot more useful collecting dust on the wall!  And I had not made papa penguin before...

Speaking of cute, the wife and I got the haircuts Saturday and here you can see she is all curly and cute, WOW!  
My hair instructions, at this point in my life, are "just cut it so that I can roll out of bed and GO" and I mean it...I just roll out of bed and go!  I don't have to comb or brush or THINK about it.  My wife tells me I look like a certain movie star from Scotland.  (well, I DO like Scotch) 
My hair cutter with the sweet magic fingers tells me I have a LOT of natural hair color and will surely go deep into old age with dark hair (I would swear, though, that there is a boatload of grey in there )...I would also swear that it is a puzzling miracle that I am the only man in my family to ever pass the age of 27 without going bald...I have always had a high forehead, but there are plenty of curls up there, HA!....
anyway, we also baked the oatmeal cookies and made tortillas from scratch and guacamole too to make sweet potato burritos, my FAVORITE.  I run hard and walk all these dogs a zillion miles, its like I am this furnace that needs a lot of fuel...

6 comments:

bartster said...

Love the wall pieces...interesting that there is a "parent" and a child in each.

bartster said...

Love the wall pieces...interesting that there is a "parent" and a child in each.

Michèle Hastings said...

definitely a boatload of cuteness! sweet potato burritos, yummy, love them with black beans in there too.

smartcat said...

Love Papa Penguin and Baby.....well the kitties too, but who doesn't love a cat?
From yesterday I see Spike is doing his job as Helper Cat......way to go Spike!
The burritos look yummy. Love those homemade tortillas....thanks for those!
Yes, a noticeable resemblance to a certain scots actor!

Becky Brown said...

You are making the rest of us look bad, Gary. Well-groomed, uber-creative AND a good cook? Geez ... leave something for the rest of us. :)

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I made cookies today too. Definitely going for the tortillas after the holidays are over!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.