Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, December 13, 2012

chompchompCHOMP!


Godzilla bank by Gary Rith


Isn't this dude awesome?  He is quite big and involved and eats MONEY!

It is horrible, but I canNOT remember who first started all of us baking Cuban bread, was it Smartcat? I think so!  I remember another blogger once assuming I remembered the name of their pets....and I was amazed that with the hundreds of internet people I know I was s'posed to remember a near stranger's pet's names?  Anyway, my memory stinks, but I hope I am giving credit where it is due.

The point?  This is the easiest and tastiest bread recipe EVER, so simple!  I don't know what Cuba has to do with Cuban bread.  I was nearly out of white flour so my first baking was with whole wheat...wicked tasty and perfect! This recipe is basically the same as the one I used....

6 comments:

smartcat said...

I think I was the one to post it most recently, but it's an old recipe so others may have posted it before I even began blogging. Lots of recipes call for whole wheat. I think I got mine from http://wildyeastblog.com/ ......I think.

Love Godzilla....He looks hungry!

Lori Buff said...

Okay, I'm going to have to make some of this too. Maybe this weekend. Yummm

Barbara Rogers said...

I've eaten another (more Cuban?) version in Tampa...where lots of Cuban people have lived for several hundred years. Anyway, they make long loafs that are quite skinny (somewhere between baguettes and Italian loaves) I used to buy a half dozen of them to take to the retirement apartments where lots of Hispanic folks lived. We'd slice them lengthwise, about 6 inches per serving, slather on butter, and wrap in a napkin. Mmmmm. Best fresh! Tampa Cubans also press their bread for sandwiches.

Michèle Hastings said...

I have bought Cuban Bread and like Alchemy of Clay mentioned, it was a long loaf... delicious when sliced and served with artichoke dip. I really have to make this recipe, and I will eat bread in any shape it comes in!

smalltownme said...

Look at Godzilla's cute little toes!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Yes, Cuban bread here in Tampa is made in looooong loaves. Best served piping hot with butter but great pressed into a cuban sandwich too. Those loaves look delicious!

I am the opposite of you. I tend to remember pet's names over people's names. I knew all the neighbor's pets before I could make myself remember their humans' names.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.