Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, November 4, 2012

"I didn't buy any pigs today"

I went to Cooperstown, 100 miles each way, through off and on snow and over a lot of hills, to deliver to the Cooperstown Art Assoc, for the holiday fair, lasting the next 2 months. HO BOY I LOVE that place! I am standing in front of it there, all those columns.  Cooperstown, bless it, has the best public library...and art association!  Take my word for it:  Cooperstown may be the prettiest town in America, with the big lake there, all the hills, the amazing old houses...sure, there is a lot of baseball crap, but a million other awesome things too. Anyway, I sell there year round, and was delivering more, and the off and on sloppy snow this weekend (it is snowing now, too) is a mere REMINDER that winter soon wants to kick our azz....

Every time I drive over there one farm, and this has been true for at least 10-20 years, has this cute sign with "pigs for sale" and as a pig lover lover, I always want to turn in at that sign and buy a few piglets...
there is also a beagle breeder along the way, and you REALLY want to stop in and see how many beagle pups would fit on the back seat....

3 comments:

smartcat said...

Pigs in pokes no! Beagles in back, yes!
I just had a vision of you driving to Cooperstown with a load of pots and returning with the same space filled with beagle pups!

Unknown said...

If you buy a pig in a poke, you might open it to let the cat outta the bag, you know. ;-) I'd go for the beagles any day.

P.S. Love those graceful 'dented' cups!!!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about pigs; I was given to and ended up with 28, I kept them free-range in the woodland until I couldn't afford to keep them any more.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.