Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday......





(new pottery by Gary Rith)
We were out at Amy and Dave's farm yesterday, which has many authentic farm-type views, like this silo! They would laugh if I called their place a farm, but it has acres, meadows, berries and corn and a lot more. Seems farm-ish to me! I think mostly they wrangle and herd cats.....

11 comments:

gz said...

ok, so its a smallholding...what is that, but a farm?!!

Unknown said...

Love the bun-bun with the droopy ears on the top of the jar!!!

Quietly Otaku said...

Ha ha I dont think you can wrangle cats, they're too busy doing their own thing!

BSOB said...

Hey Gman, lookin good - like the checker pattern a lot. also, we gotta talk abt more dishes for Lucy... i'll be in ith on the 8th for a week or so.. Chappy? I'll invite Knight

Glennis said...

classic silo! Wonderful.

Joyful Things said...

I could live on that "farm" in a heartbeat. The lids and the painted characters in your pots are the BEST!

Lori Buff said...

Simply beautiful. They are fortunate to live there.

Reverend Awesome said...

If there's a silo it's a farm! At least in my eyes. Really cool. I would have soooo many animals if I had all that land. So easily, I could become an animal hoarder. At least I realize this about myself and try to control it.

Neato cookie jars! They are cookie jars right? I'd put cookies in them! That makes them cookie jars to me.

gary rith said...

I forgot to mention that they are indeed cookie jars :)

kate et jim said...

Sure looks like a farm to me! Reminds me of a flower farm we have near here, including barns and silos.

Emily SIL and catwrangler said...

Don't knock cat wranglin'! It's a time-honored trade. (And the company ain't bad, neither.)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.