Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

peanut butter and jam muffins revisited....


(new pottery by Gary Rith)


A couple of years ago I wanted to find a recipe for muffins not just baked with jam in the middle, but also with peanut butter. I got a very good recipe, but found that just using a muffin pan without papers could result in jam all over, and I also found that yogurt (in my case, soy yogurt) makes a more firm batter, much easier to cover the pb and j inside. PLUS I hate how so many recipes have you pulling every bowl out of the cupboard and dirtying it. I like to bake with one bowl, just adding ingredients, when possible, so here is the recipe as I have experimented and rewritten. It IS AWESOME and healthy and you figure kids love it.


Pb and j muffins

Preheat to 400, line 12 muffin tin with papers—this is KEY

In large mixing bowl, stir 1 egg, 1 cup yogurt and

¼ cooking oil—stir stir stir.

Add one cup whole wheat flour, ¾ cup white flour,

¼ cup sugar, 4 teaspoon baking powder, stir stir stir.

Spoon about 1 tbs mixture onto othe bottom of every muffin

Paper. Spoon jam onto that then spoon peanut butter onto

That. You want to use a lot but don't, be careful, more than a

small spoonful bakes into a mess.

Top each muffin with the remainder of the batter, smooth

Batter to cover jam and pb. Bake about 15-16 minutes

Until golden looking, remove muffins and cool on rack, yum!






5 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Mmm, gotta try these. I like the batter bowl too.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

thanks...I like that bowl too, and gave it to meself last month :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I've bookmarked this page; the recipe looks amazing!
The frog mugs are adorable!!!

Unknown said...

Great pottery, and yummy looking muffins. Gosh, who in the world doesn't love muffins? mmmmm Love the photo of the morning glories, gorgeous, especially flanked by those two flamingos, great color contrast...

Michèle Hastings said...

i am going to add this one to my "to bake" list!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.