Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, July 21, 2011

MORE raspberries and rabbits :) moremoremore!



(new pottery by Gary Rith-I wanted to make this huge teapot below, with the 2 bunnies on top, and as you see, on one side, bunny has his ballons, on the other side, bunny is losing balloons--which I think makes a cool decorative and humorous touch)



Early yesterday, before our un-cooled house warmed up to 98.6, I baked. Pizza for dinner later, also a favorite: raspberry bars from a PETA recipe. I have the recipe below-----I make them a little differently from the original. If you want the original, click the PETA link. I would not bother though, my version is superb :) Its funny, you are out there at a coffee shop or cafe and you spy a vegan treat and buy it and it is super tasty and.....it is a version of this recipe! Famous. My lazy self does not see why you couldn't use blueberries or chopped apples when it is not raspberry picking season OR EVEN just apple sauce!



gary's version, raspberry oat bar dessert

3/4 cup fresh raspberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup unbleached flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup Earth Balance or other vegan margarine

• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square pan.
• In a bowl with a knife, purée the raspberries.
• Take the raspberry purée, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 3 minutes and remove from the heat. Stir and cool.
• Combine the sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and rolled oats. Using a pastry blender or your hands, incorporate the margerine to form a crumbly mixture.
• Press 2 cups of the dry mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with the raspberry mixture, leaving a quarter-inch edge. Press the remaining dry mixture on top.
• Bake for 33 to 35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.

http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/recipes/pages/recipes/raspberry-oatmeal-bars.aspx

8 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

Love the bunnies- cute as they can be and dancing bunnies...joyful!
I am so making the Torte. and now bars....sigh....

Lori Buff said...

It all looks delicious.

Unknown said...

Oh...that pizza!

Michèle Hastings said...

bars are already in the oven... made with blueberries from Meredith's! thanks for sharing the recipe Gary.

Michèle Hastings said...

the bars are DELICIOUS with blueberries!!! and so simple to make.

gary rith said...

tremendous awesomeness Meesh :)

Knight said...

I love what you did with the baloons. Very cool idea. Gee now I'm hungry... wonder why?

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your house was 98 degrees???? Oh my. I would have melted.
Love the bunnies.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.