Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

days of raspberries and rabbits.....








(new pottery with bunnies by Gary Rith----video of me making a bunny cup here)
You will recall that we picked beaucoup berries Monday night...raspberries! Fresh picked raspberries have a super short shelf life---you eat them hand over fist, but they are quickly ripening too, so you bake bake bake. yesterday I made raspberry torte, and holy cats, I bet every woman (and some men???) on earth wants to marry me now, for my torte! My raspberry torte is the tastiest gals, but I am taken.

You will also recall that last winter I invented the RATINI, the raspberry martini. Me and the wife mixed some of those last night, of course, the gestalt being: iced vodka and raspberries married together in cold wedded bliss....

Finally, yours truly is on a bunny kick these days, here are some of the latest out of the kiln, bunnies aplenty!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your bunnies are multiplying!!! Awesome!!!

Now...don't be shocked...but I'm not really a raspberry fan.

It's the seeds.

And the taste.

But...other than that...

how did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?

~ Sil in Corea said...

Lordy, but I sure do love raspberries, even when the seeds stick in my teeth. That's what toothpicks were made for, eh?

Sakes alive, but those bunnies sure do keep multiplying, don't they! Soooo cute!!!

Michèle Hastings said...

looks like spike is waiting for a taste of yummy rasberry goodness.
we have blueberries here, if i had some vodka i would make a blueberry-tini.

Lori Buff said...

You need one of my berry bowls for all those berries...maybe two.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Holy Torte...that looks amazing!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yummy! Have you tried Raspberry Ice tea? Not as good as Ratini's but still refreshing!
Bunny bowls are sooo cute!

cookingwithgas said...

recipe! Please! But I want to make it with blueberries and could you send me you metabolism as well?

pussman and co said...

mmmmm! This looks yummie! and I love the bunny bowls! so pretty :)

Hilary said...

Oh that looks so yummy. And that Ratini... add some clear Creme de Cacao to that raspberry vodka.. you'll thank me. ;)

Anonymous said...

Had to stop by to see a photo of your Penny. I have snaps over at my place too.

Also, one of my good friends does triple spiral stamps on her pottery too. Cool.

Cheers - Erin

Reverend Awesome said...

Bunnies and berries. Excellent!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.