Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, July 1, 2011

CHUCK IS A CHICK?




(new pottery by Gary Rith---I rephotographed the teapot here, with grey background, is that better for a buff-white piece? I like the green balloons a lot and will use them many times in the coming days, also like what is going on with the frogs...)

I am working yesterday and ONCE again Chuck the woodchuck has come UNDER the fence into our dogs fenced yard. Drives them nuts! There is steel mesh at the ground level to prevent the beagle escaping, but not at the gate. Chuck tunnels under the gate. I keep heaping rocks there.

ANYWAY, yesterday CHUCK IS NOT ALONE in seeking the greener grass on our side of the side, Chuck has a baby! Chuck is a chick, a gal, a MAMA? hard to see, but the small brown blob on the other side of the fence is Chuck Jr. , at the right....


I like woodchucks, in theory, but there seems like plenty of green crap for them to eat OUTSIDE my dog fence, so we needed to reinforce ....



Penny helped. Will this do it?

4 comments:

kate et jim said...

I like the grey background, Gary. Much sharper image of the pot.

We used to have woodchucks, too. Had to get some chicken wire and bury it about 18 inches deep and bring it up the outside of the fence. It worked for us, but it's a lot of digging. We also filled their holes (tunnels) with rocks, poured gasoline in and set it afire (no animals were injured or killed during the filming). They left and went next door to a nice open grassy field.

Lori Buff said...

I think the rocks in the holes should be sufficient.

Quietly Otaku said...

They look cute! I grow vegetables though and we have mice in our garden so I can imagine how frustrating it must be. A cute little animal popping in for a nibble!

Reverend Awesome said...

Oh yeah. I like it on the gray background too!
Woodchucks! We used to have one outside our old office. People referred to it as the Beavehog.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.