Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, July 24, 2011

chill.....


(small tile by Gary Rith)
I wanted this one for myself. Glued a pair of magnets to it, got it onto the fridge.
I was talking to the wife 3 weeks ago "I need to chill. If I drew it, what would the _____ say to the ____?" and the wife was like "Yah mon". SO! We get "Chill" and te response is an amusing "Yah mon". And I like to use cold weather animals for it, generally....

This is how the other convo went, a week or 2 ago:

Me pointing at computer screen "wife, look at this cute tee. It has a polar bear drawn on it!" and she is like
"cute bear, but its an orange tee. I don't wear orange!" and I was like
"But I am inspired by this polar bear. You need it because I want to draw something a little like it." and she is like
"NOT in orange" and a day or 2 of sketching goes by and I am able to do my own rather awesome polar bear without the wife's help in wearing an orange polar bear tee. The secret to drawing a polar bear, I find, is to think of them as a teardrop shape on its side!
We were over at Amy and Dave's abundant little farm the other day, picking broccoli (SUBLIME! I love broccoli and theirs is beautiful) and squash and tomatos and hot peppers. We grilled some of the squash and tomatos Saturday...with potatos....holy CATS you had no idea squash could be so tasty...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So cool!!! :o)

Unknown said...

Love the magnet...cool! :) The veggies look great. Thanks for the great blog! :)

cookingwithgas said...

Yes- grilled squash and chillin is good!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Grilled veggies are awesome!!!!
Love the magnet.

ps. I don't wear orange either....who does???

Reverend Awesome said...

Chill! I need to be reminded to chill all the time. I will now say "yah mon" in my head whenever I mentally tell myself to chill the hell out!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.