Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, July 22, 2011

96+ degrees in the shade, real hot in the shade...actually 100


(new pottery by Gary Rith)




(love that song from Third World, 96 degrees in the shade)
I have never had an air conditioner. Wait, the summer I moved to Chicago in 1988 I had one. It was also the hottest on record up until then, most days over 90, most days over 100. I remember it was late Ocotber before it was NOT scary hot. Of course, future summers in Chicago were hotter....
anyway, people come to Ithaca in summer because it is so pleasant. A little too hot to be pleasant now, and no AC in the house. The lady on the radio said it was 100 yesterday, and our temps here showed the same. The river behind the house blows wonderful breezes all day long, thankfully, because the kiln is on today---headed to 2200 degrees, the studio will be wicked hot, 120 plus. I think me and the wife will hide in our basement and watch movies tonight...
You may need yellow mugs, beagle mugs, who knows? Get it NOW at my etsy gallery.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Lookit them pigs! Flyin'!

I knew it would come to this!

Hunker down in that basement.

Tell the wife to freeze a water bottle and stick it down the front of her bra. That works well!

Schadenfreude Warehouse said...

You're a brave soul, Gary. Living here without AC is suicide (literally), but your work requires heat so that makes up for the good temps you normally get. Your work is lovely.

~ Sil in Corea said...

Wet 2 washcloths. Put one in the freezer and the other on the back of your neck. Swap them every 20 minutes. Works very well for me. :-)

Unknown said...

That is waaay too hot! Sending "cool" vibes!

Your new pots are awesome as always!

Busy Bee Suz said...

And this is why you are both so thin???? I must remove my a/c. asap. :)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I think I might be tempted to skip firing up the kiln for a few days :)

Unknown said...

Wow, really love the pottery Gary. Really wonderful and whimsical! Dog pics with you are really great! :) It's hot here also.
We have air conditioning in the house and studio. I am afraid if we didn't it would kill us literally. Never needed it when we were young, but we do now! sigh....

Reverend Awesome said...

Awww. That little beagle is so cute! It was gross hot here for awhile, but we're back to reasonable hot.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.