Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day, part One :)





I was like "I bet there is an oatmeal, peanut butter chocolate cookie recipe online" and a few clicks later I have promising choices and choose the simplest looking. IT IS pretty simple, wicked tasty and makes a mountain of cookies! This is how I did it:

oatmeal, peanut butter chocolate cookies

preheat to 350
-soften slightly 16 tbs margerine or butter, stirr in cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, stir smoothsmoothsmooth
-add one cup peanut butter, 2 eggs and 2 tsp vanilla STIRSTIRSTIR!
-add 2 cups oats, 2 1/2 cup flour, tsp baking soda, STIRSTIRSTIR!
-stir in 12 oz choc chips

Place spoonfulls (or hearts!) onto ungreased cookie sheets. I needed 3. If baking 2 at once, bake 5 minutes, switch cookie sheets around in oven, then bake about 5 minutes more total 10-12 minutes, until lthey look slightly golden and perfect :)

Here's a take on love...not exactly wholesome...

the original: maybe even MORE weird!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are too cute! ♥

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is just the sweetest.....I bet they were yummers.

Michèle Hastings said...

every goodness rolled into one!

jim said...

you all are so devoted... heart shaped cookies. happy v-day

Jay said...

Happy V-Day you two crazy kids!

Unknown said...

Happy Valentines Day Gary and Maude! YEAH! Wow those cookies look really good. You and Maude are true sweet hearts forever, and every. We love you both too. Am making George's favorite dinner tonight! :)
Love the Marilyn Manson, and the Soft Cell. Weird, but cool. :) I remember that song, played it over and over again on the radio. :)

CiCi said...

Romance is in the air at your house. You two are so sweet. The heart shaped cookies are wonderful.
Happy Valentines Day to you both.

Jeannette StG said...

Oh, you're on a roll, since this only part one! Happy Valentine to the both of you, and the dogs, monkey, and ....!

kate et jim said...

Did you notice that Maude looks like she has a 'halo' around her head???

Deb said...

Ohh, you guys are so sweet . . . I hope I can find what you have someday :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.