Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Friday, July 16, 2010

famous again on the boob tube....



You know how it is, camera crews are always trying to interview me. Its like George Clooney: do you think I can just go out for a coffee without the camera flashing (well, my camera flashing, but still) and the TV crews running after me...true true true...
OK, Jess works at the Cornell Johnson Museum of Art which owns a massive and wonderful collection of pre-Columbian pottery. Jess also happens to be Apollo's mom (my dog Buster's friend, he is a standard poodle, but I don't think Jess thinks of herself as his mom) and a duck farmer and she and her husband live in the house I can see across the river from my back yard, next to the gun nuts. Jess, her husband and dog and ducks are the absolute best, and we see them all the time, when Apollo and Buster might sniff each other's privates on the street while my adorable little snarling and snapping beagle Penny tries to kick Apollo's azz (Penny doesn't like other dogs, but she is cute).

Anyway, so the museum wanted to make a quick educational movie about how pots were made 2000 years ago, to show alongside their collection. I was filmed yesterday fiddling with clay and trying to look expert. I put on my Felix the cat tee on purpose, figuring it would add a sort of star quality to the movie....
nice pots below, eh?

14 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

there you go again being famous!
Love the tee noticed it right off.

Hilary said...

You're SO in demand! ;) Lovely pots.

Unknown said...

I think if they had Felix tees 2000 years ago, they'd be wearing them. Why wouldn't they? ;)

Nicki said...

I was just saying a week or so ago that I should get up to that museum at Cornell. I haven't been there in ages.

ang design said...

cool cat!!!

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Star quality oozes from your pores Gary!

Liz said...

SUPERSTAR!!!!!

Unknown said...

Exciting stuff! Love the pots.

Reverend Awesome said...

You're a star how could you not shine.

CiCi said...

Can I have your autograph? Just sign it Felix The Cat. Thanks.

Busy Bee Suz said...

It must be so taxing to be you Gary. :)

bartster said...

Are all established potters so beleaugered with requests from the media for interviews? I am surprised George did not attend the taping and try to get some media exposure. I agree that the tee shirt adds gravitas for the occasion.

Unknown said...

OMG..you missed your opportunity to wear a loin cloth while doing pottery? Why, OH Why would you not wear one! Oh and with the Felix the Cat shirt also...you know a blending of ancient and modern! I would of chosen a "Crazy Kat and Ignatz" T-Shirt! YOU ARE WONDERFUL! LOVE IT! We are so proud of you..Your Bohemian Cousins George and Maureen

denis said...

i thinks this is just the beginning of your celebrity-dom. enjoy! you deserve it.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.