Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

WHO DAT? Georges goes NOLA

Our house guest Georges Le Soq was picking through his recipes and muttering to himself and I asked him what he had in mind
"mon ami, ees all about the, how you say, FOOSBALL" and I am like
"Georges, you mean football???" and he is like, getting all impatient,
"yesyesyes, zee game vis le pigskin. New Orleans, they win zee world series you know" and I am like
"well Georges, um, something like that" and he gets out a huge knife and starts chopping things and I am like
"Georges, what were you cooking?" and he is like
"mon ami, pour zee beers, and for zee SAINTS, I make zee jambalaya" and I am like
"!!!!! yaaaaay!"
recipe follows


Jambalaya a la Georges Le Soq--and feel free to add or subtract items as you wish

-cook a cup of rice in 2 cups water
-chop and saute a red pepper, onion, and at least 2 tofurkey soy sausages
-after a few mins, toss into the saute a half cup or more frozen peas. let all that simmer and saute 5-10 minutes on low, until the onion and pepper seem good
-add rice to saute mixture, add a sh!tload of hot peppers or tabasco, black pepper, oregano and paprika, stir on low heat a few minutes then EAT

10 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! Would Georges, perhaps, care to try a small visite to Indiana? Anyone who cooks like that would always be most welcome. That sounds supefragilisticexpialidocious! Or, YUM! That do iound righteiously yummalicious~

Unknown said...

Sounds scrumptiously delish! I could eat that avec great plaisir, M.Le Soq obviously knows his onions and a few other things, as well! Bet you're glad he's there, huh?

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

This looks like a recipe even I can't screw up!

Unknown said...

Georges you rock!

Lori Buff said...

Thanks, I've been looking for a good vegetarian Jambalaya recipe.

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

You forgot the Tater Tots!

Kimberly said...

Voulez vous couchez avec moi c'est soir Georges? Je besoin de petit amour

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

What a great house guest! He can visit my place next! Tell him to come down in Spring :-D

Cheryl said...

Yum, yum! Wow, Georges oven mitt is the best!! Hey maybe Georges could come visit me here in Maine this spring and teach me some new receipes.

fiwa said...

My absolute favorite part of the recipe is that you said "sh!tload"! I swear I'm going to print this off as is and add to my recipe book so I can think of you every time I see it. You & George, that is.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.